Calling Local Artists and Makers!
We’re looking for talented local artists and craftspeople to feature in the ninth annual Historic Shell Holiday Shop in Downtown Issaquah: 232 Front St N.
If you make great gifty goods we want to feature you!
This holiday shop is curated and run by Alison Lang of So, There (andsothere.com); and will focus on fun and unique gifts made by local artists. The shop is open weekends from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve 2023 in beautiful, festive Downtown Issaquah.
No table or booth fees! No booth to tend! Chosen products will be sold on consignment, and artists will receive payment (minus commission) for sales following the shop’s closure in December. Artists will be responsible for dropping off stock on November 19-20 and picking it up on Jan 1-2 (details below).
If you make it, we want to see it! We are looking for handmade: fashion accessories, jewelry, pillows, candles, textiles, home accessories, small furniture pieces, journals, stationery, books, office accessories, gadgets, games, children’s toys, and more! Locally designed items will also be considered (even if they aren’t handmade). Please Note – I do review original art pieces, but hanging and displaying original pieces is extremely difficult in the space, so I am limited in the kind of art I can accept. Typically small items work best.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
• Artists must be able to drop off stock on November 19th or 20th, and pick up on January 1st or 2nd. You may ship your work, but you are responsible for all shipping fees.
• Shop commission is 40% to cover insurance, display, processing fees, and venue. Artist will receive 60% of sales, via check or PayPal by January 30th, 2024.
• Artists must affix a tag to each item which includes a business name, item number, and price (pencil is ok!)
• Priority will be given to early applicants, those we’ve worked with in the past, and those that are very local to Issaquah.
• You may provide display pieces or furniture if you like, but they may be used anywhere in the store.
The Holiday Shop also has a web shop, to allow people to browse and buy online for in-store pickup. While I will not require every item to be listed online, it is helpful to get as much as I can listed to make a good showing. For all items listed online I will need a quality photo and description. All items in the store will have an item number (SKU) and price securely attached.
Please fill out our Google form below by October 30 to be considered for the 2023 Holiday Shop. I will send a confirmation that I have received your application within 3 days. If you don’t hear from me within 3 days, or have any problems with the application, please email me at [email protected]
2022 Featured Artists and Makers
Beastie and Bone
Between Two Pines Shop
Blue Egg Studio LLC
Burns Vegan Bakery
Carlie Williams Art
Christine Stoll Studio
Coral Reef Printing Co.
Graceful Moon Studios
Hawk + Handsaw Jewelry
Liz St.Andre Art
Mike Hipple Photography
Rachel Beyer Artist Apothecary
Robot Mom Creations LLC
Sage on the Mountain
Silver & Cedar
World of Woollycraft