Calling Local Artists and Makers!
We’re looking for talented local artists and craftspeople to feature in the eighth annual Historic Shell Holiday Shop in Downtown Issaquah: 232 Front St N.
If you make great gifty goods we want to feature you!
This holiday shop is curated and run by Alison Lang of So, There (andsothere.com); and will focus on fun, unique, handmade gifts of all sorts. The shop will be open weekends from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve 2022 in beautiful, festive Downtown Issaquah.
No table or booth fees! No booth to tend! Chosen products will be sold on consignment, and artists will receive payment (minus commission) for sales following the shop’s closure in December. Artists will be responsible for dropping off stock on November 20-21 and picking it up on Jan 1-2 (details below).
If you make it, we want to see it! We are looking for handmade: fashion accessories, jewelry, pillows, candles, textiles, home accessories, small furniture pieces, journals, stationery, books, office accessories, gadgets, games, children’s toys, and more! Locally designed items will also be considered. Please Note – I will review original art pieces, but hanging and displaying original pieces is extremely difficult in the space, so I am limited in the kind of art I can accept.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
• Artists must be able to drop off stock on November 20th or 21st, and pick up on January 1st or 2nd. You may ship your work, but you are responsible for all shipping fees.
• Shop commission is 40% to cover insurance, display, processing fees, and venue. Artist will receive 60% of sales, via check or PayPal by January 30th, 2023.
• Artists must affix a tag to each item which includes a business name, SKU (see below), and price (pencil is ok!)
• Priority will be given to early applicants, those we’ve worked with in the past, and those that are very local to Issaquah.
• You may provide display pieces or furniture if you like, but they may be used anywhere in the store.
Again, this year, I will be requiring photos for each unique item so that I can list them online for in-store pickup for customers who would prefer that to shopping in person. Each unique item will also need to be marked with an item number (SKU) and price. I’m definitely working to make sure this is as painless a process as possible, and will have more specifics if your work is accepted. I understand that photos can be tricky for some people, but don’t worry- we’ll make it all work!
Please fill out our Google form below by October 30 to be considered for the 2022 Holiday Shop. I will send a confirmation that I have received your application within 3 days. If you don’t hear from me within 3 days, or have any problems with the application, please email me at [email protected]
2021 Featured Artists and Makers
AMJ Art & Illustration
Beastie and Bone
Carlie Williams Art
Christine Stoll Studio
Clay It Forward
Graceful Moon Studios
Hall Studio Designs
Lisa A Design
Sage on the Mountain
Silver & Cedar
Still Blooming co
Tea House Jewelry
World of Woollycraft